There are several different video settings within a Doodly project that you have the ability to customize.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Changing the Name of the Video
- Changing the Background and Hand Style
- Choosing When the Video Ends
- Using the Auto Erase Mode
- Changing the Transition In-between the Scenes
- Custom Backgrounds
Changing the Name of the Video
There are 3 ways to rename your project in Doodly:
1. From the main screen, under Projects tab, locate the video title you wish to rename then click the Rename icon under Actions.
Type in your desired title and hit SAVE.
2. Launch the video that you are working on. Click Settings at the bottom left-side of your screen beside the timeline.
Next, you will see the Video Settings menu.
From the Video Settings screen, type in your desired title then hit Apply.
3. When you're working in a project navigate to the top where you will see Edit Project. Click anywhere within the name of the project to edit it as needed.
Changing the Background and Hand Style
- Go to settings
- Select your preferred background and hand style from the options available then hit Apply.
Choosing When the Video Ends
- You can select if you'd like your video to end when the animation ends, or when both the audio and animation end
- Once that is complete, click Apply to activate the setting and return to the main editor screen within Doodly
Using the Auto Erase Mode
The Doodly Auto-Erase feature allows Doodly to automatically add the erase animation which erases images that overlap with each other.
Please note that this feature is only available to certain illustrator/hand-styles.
- To activate the auto-erase action within a Doodly project please click on the Settings button:
- Next, you will see the Video Settings menu. Please navigate to the Erase Mode drop down. If the hand style has the auto-erase feature available, you can select the setting within that drop down
- You can choose from 4 different Eraser Settings
- Once that is complete, click Apply to activate the setting and return to the main editor screen within Doodly.
Changing the Transition In-between the Scenes
- Select the "Settings" button located in the top left-hand corner of the timeline
- You will then be brought to "Video Settings", navigate to the "Scene Transitions:" drop down menu
Choose which transition you would like to use, and then select "Apply" to save your changes
You have now changed how your scenes transition!
There are 2 ways to add a custom background:
1. Open your video and click Settings which is located at the left-side of your screen near the timeline.
Video Settings will pop up. From the Background Style, select Custom.
Background dropdown menu will show up.
Select the color you wish to use or upload a custom image as background.
Untick “Use board and hand style from video settings”.
Click Custom from Board Style, then choose your preferred color from the Background dropdown menu.
Select Apply after.
Note: Please see the video of this below.
The alternative is to set a custom background per scene.
Go to the scene settings at the top right-hand side when you are working on a project.
Disable the option to use the board and hand style from the video settings.
Navigate to the custom option to select a custom color or background as needed for that specific scene.