How Do I Customize Audio Within a Project?
There are several ways to edit audio within a project
- What Type of Audio Files Can Be Uploaded Into Doodly?
- How Do I Import a Custom Audio File Into a Project?
- How Do I Add/Edit/Delete Sounds?
- How Do I Add Voiceover?
- How Do I Preview/Cue a Sound?
- How Do I Adjust the Volume of Sounds?
- At this time, Doodly is only compatible with .mp3 files. File types like .m4a or .bmp may cause export issues, so we recommend converting to .mp3 for best results.
Please Note Doodly is not able to support .wav, .m4a or .bmp files
- To upload a custom audio file, navigate to the Sounds menu of your Doodly Dashboard and click the blue and white + symbol.
- The Add new sound menu will appear, allowing you to select the desired audio file (on your device) and enter the title
- Once that is complete, click Continue to add the file. It will then be available for use within your Doodly account!
- Click on the title to add the audio file directly into your project
- Drag and Drop to a specific location within theTimeline
- To edit the starting point of an audio component, or align the start of the sound with a specific slide, add the audio to your video, and then drag your sound & place it so it lines up at the beginning of the slide you wish to have it play during!
- To clip a sound, simply drag the end of the file to adjust the length
- To fade in or out, right click on the sound to select whichever you'd like to do.
- Next, you will see a triangle appear at the beginning or end of the sound to indicate the segment of audio that will be faded.
- To delete an audio component, please navigate to the bottom of your Doodly screen, scroll all the way to the right within the audio area and click on the small X to remove! Once you confirm, the audio you initially selected will be removed from your Doodly video, and you can replace accordingly.
Voiceovers may be previously recorded and imported into Doodly, or you can use the built-in recording feature to add voiceover to your project.
- If you are importing, please follow the steps above to import, then you will simply drag the file to the bottom area shown with a microphone.
To record voiceover, be sure you have a functional microphone on your device.
- Next, click the + symbol at the bottom right of the Settings menu
- Click on the microphone icon to start recording
You will see the project preview open simultaneously so you can record the voiceover at the ideal pace for the video.
Plus, once you save the project, your recorded audio will be available for use within the Sounds Library & can be applied to any other Doodly video you create!
- To preview a sound from within the Sounds menu before adding it to a project, simply click on the triangular play button to begin playback
- To cue a sound that has already been added to the timeline, double click within the sound file to begin playback.
- Click on a position to preview. The audio will begin playing from that point forward which allows you to hear and view the clip.
- To adjust the volume of an audio component, simply click on the speaker icon for the sound you'd like to adjust
- This will open the volume menu for that specific sound, which features clickable volume settings